dtv junior represents notably witty children’s and young adult books that strike a chord with the reader and combine quality and entertainment. Powerful content, individual design and original narrative style are essential elements of the brand.
The program includes about 90 children's and young adult books of all ages each year - from picture books to illustrated children's books, non-fiction and participatory books to books for young people.
dtv junior was founded in 1971 with the amalgamation of 10 licensing publishers. The initial programme included the works of Astrid Lindgren, Otfried Preußler, Josef Guggenmos, Ursula Wölfel, James Krüss, Janosch, Alfred Hitchcock and Scott O’Dell. The first original editions were published in 1972. And since 2010, dtv junior has systematically built up its hardcover program.
What’s more, dtv offers teachers free material to download from the Internet for use with dtv junior books: www.dtv.de/lehrer
• Storybooks, Read-aloud books, illustrated children’s books, series, comic novels, activity books, non-fiction, children’s classics
• Authors include: Franziska Biermann, Kate DiCamillo, Meg Cabot, Barbara Cantini, Dagmar Geisler, Markus Grolik, Meike Haas, Eva Ibbotson, Julia Kaergel, Alexander von Knorre, Irina Korschunow, Knut Krüger, Anna Lott, Lois Lowry, Viviana Mazza, Liz Pichon, Barbara Rose, Alex Rühle, Ulrike Rylance, Andreas Schlüter, Stefanie Schneider, Frank Schwieger, Anu Stohner, Antje Szillat, Christian Tielmann, Uwe Timm, Renate Welsh, Irene Zimmermann
• Narrative books of all genres (realistic books, thrillers, books for girls, fantasy, comic novels), non-fiction, activity books
• Authors include: R.T. Acron (= Frank M. Reifenberg & Christian Tielmann), Mayim Bialik, Ashley Herring Blake, Feldhaus, Marie Golien, Dora Heldt, Gill Lewis, Aniela Ley, Lois Lowry, Viviana Mazza, Kate O’Shaughnessy, Kevin Sands, Andreas Schlüter, Cally Stronk, Hana Tooke, M.M. Vaughan, Rebecca Westcott, Juli Zeh
• Novels of all genres
• Autors include: Holly Bourne, Libba Bray, Alina Bronsky, Caroline Brinkmann, Kevin Brooks, Sebastien de Castell, Alexandra Christo, Lea Coplin, Micky Daughtry, Rita Falk, Valentina Fast, Sally Green, Robert Habeck/ Andrea Paluch, Nora Hoch, Colleen Hoover, Viviana Iparraguirre de las Casas, Amy Kaufman/ Jay Kristoff, Leonie Lastella, Christian Linker, Rachael Lippincott, Sarah J. Maas, Kyrie McCauley, Anni Monrad, Lauren Oliver, Matthew Quick, Linda Rottler, Cecilia Vinesse, Selin Visne, Tracy Wolff, Michael Wolffsohn
Meet Quinn and Spencer, the unusual duo who have only one goal – to get home at all cost. Quinn has been dumped by his family at his terrible aunt’s place and Spencer wants nothing more but return to his pack on the streets of Istanbul.
A new hilarious comic novel series by successful author Hans-Jürgen Feldhaus.
This is the start of a hilarious new series for kids: Fletcher, the cleverest and coolest skunk in town becomes friends with the owner’s son of the Wild Elk Restaurant. Not only does Theo understand animal speech, the two of them find that they have a lot in common besides their love for bread dumplings – they both want to become famous detectives. Fletcher founds a backyard detective agency right there and then, appointing Theo as his PA, and they soon find themselves up to their necks in their first case.
Fletcher – What a Racket!
Further titles are in preparation.
Ten-year-old Henry stumbles across a mound of leaves in the forest – concealed underneath is a shaggy little beast from a time long gone; a dwarf-mammoth! Of course before long Norbert the Mammoth is causing all sorts of chaos. What are you supposed to do if his favourite breakfast is maths notebooks? What if he just won’t stop growing? And most importantly, what do you do when Norbert suddenly finds himself in mortal danger?
Discover at first-hand why Apollo is such a tree-hugger; what beauty queen Aphrodite has to do with the Trojan War – and of course what part Big Boss Zeus plays in all this.
Twenty-four episodes from the lives of the greatest Greek heroes and heroines, gods and goddesses. Each story is complemented by a wittily illustrated profile of the starring character, detailing their family connections, their likes and dislikes and distinguishing features.
Award-winning author Christian Linker has written a empathic, gripping novel about the radicalization of a normal Western youth.
Increasingly alienated by his own consumer-driven society, Jakob gets involved with the Salafist movement, breaks off all contact with his old world and converts to Islam. But is he really ready to go to war in Syria?
We’re all familiar with the concept of respect, even though it means different things to different people. Is it about meeting on the same footing? Is it a matter of tolerance? Appreciation? Esteem? This book tries to offer some answers.
Prominent figures from Roman history such as Julius Caesar as well as the fictional characters of a Gladiator or a schoolgirl share stories about exciting historical events and humorous anecdotes from their lives, each one offering a glimpse into everyday life in Ancient Rome.
• An introductory page to each character in the style of a friendship book.
• The previous title about Greek gods was sold to TR, GR, RU, RO, CZ
Oskar: daring, languid, only occasionally in the mood to cuddle. In search of a new home.
Click! Oskar, a stately cat, has just had his picture taken. The people at the animal shelter hope that this will help him find a new home. Oskar is ANIMAL OF THE WEEK. Will it help?
• A warm-hearted story about a special cat
• For all children and cat lovers of all ages
Kim is fifteen, and going through a hard time with her parents’ divorce. She’s anything but a bookworm, but one day she attends a school reading—and every word the author reads seems to be about her!
Without further ado Kim buys the book, but dare she read the rest of the 140 pages or will reading them make what’s written all the more likely to come true? Kim finds herself doing all sorts of things for the first time. She breaks into the author’s apartment, gets to know her parents from a totally new perspective and discovers a lot about herself.
• A sublime and inspiring piece of young adult crossover fiction—witty, offbeat and thought-provoking.
All events in German language!
Currently no events. Visit the publisher’s website for up-to-date events (visit website).
dtv Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Tumblinger Str. 21
Phone +49 (0)89 381 67-0
Publisher Barbara Laugwitz
Program Director Susanne Stark, Tatjana Kröll
Editorial Department Christine Albach, Britt Arnold, Melanie Becker, Dorothee Dengel, Esther Fey, Julia Kniep, Sabine Roth, Anke Thiemann
Marketing Rita Bollig
Sales Anke Hardt
Public Relations Daniela Wind
Events Dominique Schikora
Production Stephanie Lütje
Advertising Simone Froschmeier
Foreign Rights Constanze Chory